How can you manage your diabetes?
The goals of diabetes management are to:
- Keep your blood sugar levels as near normal as safely possible by balancing food intake with physical activity and medication.
- Help slow or possibly prevent the development of diabetes-related health problems.
Here are five tips to remember when managing your diabetes:
- Test your blood glucose as recommended by your health care professional.
- Take your medicine as prescribed by the doctor - be it tablets (pills) or injectable medicines like insulin.
- Make healthy food choices.
- Be physically active.
- Learn all you can do to manage your diabetes and live a healthier life.